Årstal | 1162

Årstid | Forår

Måned | April

Latest topics
» It's a whole new world ~Valerya
Today at 13:36 by Fenrer

» Fravær for Lux&Valerya
Yesterday at 21:41 by Valerya

» Lidt hjælp, tak - Gautham (fortids emne)
Yesterday at 19:14 by Gautham

» The game is on - Emnesøgning
Yesterday at 18:46 by Valerya

» Date please! - Sean
Yesterday at 18:33 by Lori

» Well thats a bummer. - Sean
Yesterday at 14:49 by Sean

» Varm stue og køligt selskab ~ Sean
Yesterday at 14:34 by Sean

» One big new world ~ Lori
Yesterday at 13:46 by Lux

» I don't know what's more exciting! You or your offer? ~ Sean
Yesterday at 7:25 by Misha

Top posting users this month
Sean

Fenrer

Lori

Misha

Nymeth

Vetis

Gautham

Lux

Isabell

Kira

Statistics
Der er i alt 243 tilmeldte brugere
Den sidst registrerede bruger er Valerya

Vores brugere har i alt skrevet 152074 indlæg in 7866 subjects

No more deals - Kaiya

Go down

No more deals - Kaiya

Indlæg by Gæst on Fre 5 maj - 3:09

Time: Midnight.
Place: Ashen wood forest.
Surroundings: In the northern part of the forest.
Weather: Heavy fog.
Attire: Click Without the hat.
Dedicated to: @Kaiya

Nothing went on in his factory without him knowing about it, if a worker was sick he knew about it before they did, if a worker was being threatened at some point in the street, the person threatening would never be heard from again. He took care of his workers, he was fair with them, they were paid better than average and got support if something where to happen to them or their family. But in return for all of this he expected loyalty, comradery, he ran a tight ship but it was necessary to keep the business running smoothly. So when a worker had made a deal with a demon it was no surprise that he knew about it. Everyone that worked for him knew his stance on non human races, there was a reason to why only humans were working for him. There were rules to follow if someone wanted to work for him, and rule number one was No dealing with non humans. What they do in their free time is up to them, as long as it doesn't affect their work, and selling your soul would shorten their lifespan, reducing their time at the factory. The rule did not apply to the business itself of course, seeing as most of the world were run by non humans it would be impossible to not work with them.

But he was nothing if not a fair man, he was not going to kill him or just throw him out, the man had been there for a good while already, so he deserved to be treated with some respect. He was taken out of the factory and questioned for every detail about the deal he had made. Selling his souls for riches, pathetic, gods knew if he even got what he wanted, or if he was played like a fool. The man got his compensation for the work. He looks him in the eyes as he hands him the pouch. "I'm disappointed in you Mark.." He says with a sad tone, he didn't want to fire him, but rules were rules. "I di.." "I don't want to hear it.. Go.." He didn't let him finish, it didn't matter why he did what he did, the fact was that it was already done, too late to change anything now. After giving Andrei the location of the demon he was sent away, banned from working at anything related to his business. The guy better hope his wish came true because he was not going to find a better paying job than that factory, not in this district.

There was one good thing coming out of this situation though, he had a new target to kill, he was starting to get frustrated by haven gone too long without killing someone. He gathered four big workers with him and brought around his carriage for them to use as soon as the guys picked up some weapons.
The carriage set off to Ashen wood forest, it wouldn't take long before the would get there, but it would be nighttime. He knew what was at the location he was given, information was key and luckily this time he already had it, saving him the time it would take to get that information. They were going to the north side, where the Trishana tribe led by Blake was, if that information was still valid of course. He didn't know any of them but that was not the point, he knew there could be resistance if they went on their territory so bringing some people to deal with that if things got sour would be smart, as for the demon, it was all his.
When they had officially entered the forest he decided to spiff up his people in case some of them were worried, personally he couldn't really grasp the emotion fear, there was only one person he was worried about and he was safe. "Alright boys, we have officially entered the danger zone, the things living out here don't really appreciate us humans so if it comes to it we'll be bringing home some big slabs of meat with us, celebrate with a big feast huh? Sounds good to everyone? They are just animals after all, easy prey." He had quite cocky tone to him as he spoke to them but it seem to boost them up a little bit, even making two of them laugh. Morale was important in any confrontation, he knew that, what he didn't tell them was that if they did encounter a tribe they would outnumber them by a lot, but that didn't bother him, he did have an ace up his sleeve if it came to that.

The fog was heavy and the road was getting thinner and thinner, but they were getting close so he figured he could just walk the rest, make them camp and wait for him. After stopping the carriage he walks out and stretched a bit while looking around, barely seeing anything, he was lucky to have the map with him. "Alright, hold down the fort and weapons at the ready, I'll be back once its done." He said with a firm voice as he kept walking down the road with the map in his hand. When he finally saw the bridge he got relived, with all this fog in a dark night it was hard not to get off track. He puts the map away and checks his weapons as he walks the last stretch to the cabin. The brass knuckle was polished not long ago and the knife was as sharp as ever. He saw the cabin but before going straight in he walked around checking for anything he could use to his advantage. After taking the round he walked up to the front door to the demons cabin and knocked with three hard solid knocks then waited for the door to open. He had no idea on what to expect, he didn't ask about what the demon looked like, because it didn't matter, it was a creature, nothing more. There was only one reason to why he went to see it and that was to end it, this wasn't because of the deal it made with his worker, no that was already done, nothing to do about that, this was to make sure it wouldn't trick more humans, and of course to blow off some steam.

Gæst
Gæst

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Re: No more deals - Kaiya

Indlæg by Gæst on Fre 5 maj - 12:45

Kaiya was used to have people come to her. People who didn't know of demons and the common ability of wish-granting contracts, believed that Kaiya was special. She had build up quite the reputation amoung the inhabitants of poverty and the uneducated. Yet she didn't mind. Talking to people made her feel better, feel less alone. Living by yourself in the cabin, could do things to a person. She might have had her husband's soul incapsuled in a piece of jewellry but what good were constant conversation with someone in the shape of a cat? She had one friend, a seer. A person that could tell the future. She warned Kaiya, to be wary of the day when the fog would clear and a well dressed person would come to see her - Yet Kaiya didn't believe in such nonesense. Tell the future? The future was never determined, never completely locked and sealed. She made sure people knew that before engaging in a contract with her.
A cat turned around the corner and spotted the human. If the man noticed it, it would sit down and meow at him while the big darkblue eyes of it studied him from the couple of meters that seperated them. The fog started to clear as the cat got back up and wandered away as if this was normal. After a while it came back once again and returned to it's position. It looked at the window to the cabin that had a faded light, probably from a candle, but no one came to open the door. "Wise men claim that those who arrive armed, are often scared. Do you support that claim?" the cat suddenly asked as it tilted it's head in a human-like manner. A broad smile spread across it's face as it looked at the human standing at the door.
"One must'nt keep knocking, for the house is emptier than the hollowest of trees. She is having her midnight swim to talk to a dear friend of her's" it then said as it wagged it's tail from side to side in a relaxed manner. "If you wish to speak to her, then be wary. She is not in the bests of moods lately" it warned him. Then it stood up on it's paws as it turned around to look back at him, making sure he followed. As they walked towards the river, the fog was slowly clearing up, but in some sort of unnatural manner, by the time they were there, the fog was completely gone. At the foot of the lake, candles were placed, pacing back and forth, following the current.
In the middle of the water a dark figure stood on her feet, dressed in a beautiful white dress, soaked to the core by the water. The cat sat down and shrugged at the sight of the water.
The long black hair was flowing in the water in a soothing manner and danced beautifully around her as she turned to face the stranger. As soon as she started walking towards him and the water level sunk, her beautifully dancing hair stuck to her body, as the hastily water was dripping from the tips. She stopped at when the water was at her feet and looked at the stranger, pinching her eyes. "A lot of tormented souls come to me for my contracts. None of them well-dressed, none of them at midnight" her soft light voice in some sort of foreign and mysterious accent broke the silence. The black eyes glinted in the light of the many candles. "Why would a proper man come to me at my home, if not for a contract?" She asked as she then moved closer. She grabbed the long black hair of hers before twisting it, draining heavy amounts of water in a matter of seconds. Letting go of the hair again, made it fall down to the same position as before, less sticky and slowly retaining it's volume.
The cat looked at her shortly before jumping in the air, almost gliding through the air as if it wasnt affected by gravity and boundries of the physical world. It wrapped itself around her shoulders, nudging it's head at her cheek. She was however too busy to answer the signs of affection, she wanted an answer to her question. For a second, she worried about her seer friend's vision, what if she were right? Did she need to be worried about who this stranger was? Whatever she was thinking, she didnt show anything else than impatience.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Fre 5 maj - 23:27

As he was walking around the cabin he noticed the cat looking at him but he shrugged it off as the demons pet. After knocking he noticed there was light in one of the windows which meant that someone had to be home, or at least close, but he was going to be patient, it was night after all, it could be sleeping. Then a voice appeared behind him and he turned to greet what he figured was the demon, but when he saw that it was the cat speaking he just stared at him with a frown for a brief moment. "Right.. that's new.." He said quietly to himself before continuing. "You call it fear, i call it being prepared for the worst." He said with a calm tone, still being confused to what the thing was, a shapeshifter? Could they become that small? Didn't matter, he was not here for it, could probably get two for one depending on how this was going to go.
"Ah of course, a midnight swim.. as you do.. So she's with someone then?" He asked in a curious voice, if there was multiple of them this could get very interesting, even challenging, but now he knew that it was a she, not that it mattered of course, a demon was a demon. But the cat was nice enough to show him to her despite the weapons so everything was still going fine. "She's in a bad mood huh? We have something in common then." he said with a slight chuckle that quickly faded as soon as he realized what he was doing. Don't treat the demon as a person, treating them as an equal would make things harder.
He follows the cat or whatever it was around the cabin and down to the river where the fog suddenly dispersed out of nowhere, unlike anything he had seen before, it was noted down as important in case it had something to do with the demon, but he didn't mention it.  When they stopped he saw her out int he water, her shape was not what he was expecting but it wouldn't matter, if anything it would just be easier.

Then she turned around approaching him and he could fully see her, the white dress, her black hair, her face.. It was not what he expected at all, he had met and killed so many demons, but none of them looked like she did. It left him quite speechless and a blank face as she spoke to him, even her voice was different, something out of this world. He reminded himself of why he was here in the first place, he couldn't get distracted. "Yeah.. well.. maybe I'm desperate." He had a grin up as he played along to get close enough for her to be surprised when he finally made his move. She was beautiful for a demon though, there was no doubt about that. he closed his eyes for a second and clenched his teeth to shake the thoughts, why was it so hard to just focus on the task at hand. He had done this a thousand times before, why was this one so hard?
He walked slightly towards her side so he could see the river behind her properly, dodging her question with a question. "Where's your friend? Your cat.. thing.. said you had company." With a calm but curious voice, looking out on the river to avoid eye contact. It was the first time he had trouble with keeping his posture, reading and mind games was something he was accustomed to because of his work so this shouldn't be so difficult.

His gaze at the river didn't last long before it returned back to her, then when the cat suddenly flew up to her shoulder it left him with another confused face. "Alright... so you're not a shapeshifter then.." He couldn't think of any creature that could move like that so he just moved passed it, no reason wasting time thinking about it. What was more troubling was the fact that his knife was still in his sleeve and she was still alive. He sighed as he moved slowly around as his gaze moved from place to place, he had to buy more time, maybe it would pass. "I did come here for a deal, if you're still open for business that is." He stopped and turned around to look her in the eyes again, black, glossy from the candlelights, beautiful... Could it be a spell she had, or at least something she did? It was a weird feeling, a feeling that made him weak, something that had to go away.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Lør 6 maj - 1:21

Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice. Choose wisely.” The cat simply replied to him, tilting it’s head for a short while. It didn’t answer his question, as it seemed that it didn’t have to. He could see it for himself when they arrived at the lake.
She noticed the blank expression as she moved up from the lake. The dress was soaked, which wasn’t a big help in hiding the shape of her slender body. She lifted an eyebrow as her eyes glided around on him. The dim light of the candles were a big help in her noticing the shape of his clothes and how he was quite well dressed – Which made her wonder why he was actually here.
Her expression darkened as he stated being desperate. She shook her head as her eyes was fixated on him while she spoke:” What exactly could you have to be desperate about?” she asked rather monotone. The eyes were confused, it wasn’t her whole face, mixed with the dark expression it turned into something more like a dead look in her eyes. It wouldn’t have lasted long, at least not until he asked about her friend. She exhaled deeply and turned her face back towards the water. “Dead.” She simply replied in a hidden sad tone. There was no more to it, at least the rest wasn’t for a stranger to know. Kaiya lifted her slender hand and touched the glowing jewellery around her neck.
She was still in her head, trying to figure out why he would be here. What could he possibly need from her? He seemed to have a lot. Not that Kaiya actually knew, but he looked nothing like the people that usually came to her for help. But then a thought hit her that made her clench her fists and look away from him. “If you’re looking to have a loved one come back through a contract, I will not even offer you that. I don’t offer things that I cannot give. And I definitely wont help someone who clearly doesn’t need it.” Her tone going from sad to a serious tone. She wasn’t sure what he wanted, so she was just fishing.
But it wasn’t a lie when she said that she wasn’t going to offer him the contract when he didn’t seem like someone who needed her help. In fact, she felt a bit angry on behalf of the people that had come to her for help. “I don’t know who has spoken of me. Or how you’ve come to know of me. But whatever they’ve said, is wrong. I am not some wish-granting booth, the people that come to me, come to me because they have nothing left. They’re hopeless. My terms are simple, I give them their 10 years with happiness, until the contract runs out and their soul is mine. I do not offer them eternal happiness or false hope.” She explained, puckering her lips in a dissatisfied expression.  
Instead of continuing her explanation, she walked up on the dry land, stopping almost right at his face. Her expression was uncertain as her eyes flickers between his. A sigh left her plush yet soft lips simultaneously as her shoulders fell an inch or two. “Whatever you’re really here to do, just do that instead. I am not a fun playmate, so don’t come here and try to fool me with your act.” She then said. Maybe the seer was right. Maybe she should had been wary.
Have you ever tried the feeling of being empty? This… unbearable feeling that just eats you up from inside, day by day. And it never… seems to stop. Could a person of your wealth ever feel nothing?” She said lowly, as if it was some sort of secret. Truth be told, she had missed having someone to talk to. Someone real, someone alive like her.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Lør 6 maj - 2:46

He wasn't used to being surprised but he never let it get him off guard or in a big confused state, so when the cat spoke again he listened closely to its words. It seemed like the cat was wise, and that peaked his interest in it, but he was going to wait and see how things played out before getting involved with it. But he did like what he said, personally he never felt fear, there was only one thing thing that could scare him but he knew that would never happen, no one knew about him and it would stay like that. Dying was just an inconvenience to him. "I think i like you cat, you have better advice than people i pay for advice" He said with a cheerful tone as he followed the cat.

As beautiful as she was it was hard to take his eyes off her, he did when he managed to, looking at the river or the surroundings but his eyes always seemed to end up looking at her in the end. It would probably be smarter to dress as the average person in the streets but that wasn't him, he liked what he wore so he was going to wear it, even if it raised a few eyebrows. "Well, i might be wealthy but that only means i can buy materialistic things, real happiness must be earned. I could have lost family, be dying from a disease or have an annoying rival." He said with a relaxed tone, she was no threat to him so he could loosen up, at least until he started something.
When she said her friend was dead it made him glance at her for a second, it didn't seem like she was much affected by it, maybe it wasn't a friend, either way why was he caring? He now knew she was alone so there was no need to dig any further into it. "Ah, my condolences.." He said calmly before seeing her touch the necklace she had, it was rather peculiar, maybe something magical? Another note for later use. When she went of on what seem to be a small rant, she clearly had a sore spot for dead family? That could be useful information if it wasn't for the fact that she was supposed to die. "Relax, i only have one loved one and he is alive and well, you shouldn't judge someone by their looks, i'm sure you cat has something wise to say about that." He says as he points towards the cat when mentioning it.
The more she spoke the harder the thought of killing her became, not only was she beautiful, but she was nothing like other demons he had met, she seemed to care for people, not in the way he did, but more so, she was clearly not desperate to take his soul, even trying to push him away from making a deal, this was all very unlike how he thought things was going to go.

"That's good, cut away the bullshit and get straight to it, i like that. What you just explained seems good to me, 10 years without problems for my soul seems like a fair deal." He was confident in his words, he liked the way she told it like it was, he was clearly not making that deal because he had other plans. But when she got out of the water and walked all up to his face it caught him off guard, he didn't show it apart from maybe a confused frown. He looked her in the eyes as she did the same, but as she sighed he couldn't help himself form looking at her lips, even if it was only a second or two, it was not like him to loose control over his actions, unless he was in his form of course.
This was the perfect time, she was right in front of him, to close to notice if he were to take out his knife and stab her. So why didn't he? Why couldn't he just get it done like all those times before? He listened to her finish before he responded with a sigh. "I do, or thought so at least, but now it seems like that's not the case. I never felt anything for anyone and it was great, it didn't eat at me at all, it was freeing. But those days are over.." He talks like he was telling her about his happy memories, but with a more sad tone. "You're right, i came here for a different reason, but it seems like i do need a deal. I need you to remove these new found feelings, it's a big inconvenience to me and i can't have that. How about it, my soul for removing whatever I'm feeling." He said with a serious tone, like it was just like any other business transaction.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Man 8 maj - 13:27

She shrugged carefully at his condolences. “Everyone dies at some point. It’s inevitable. She died because of my ignorance and her own naiveness,” she said, not wanting to go further into it as she felt her heart twist. Naïve. That was what her friend was, nothing more and nothing less. Such innocence that followed, as if the two had to go hand in hand. Guilt and regret slung around the memory and as much as she told herself that she deserved these feelings, she would not keep forcing them onto herself.
When he assured that it wasn’t about life or death, she felt relieved, it only made it that much more easy to deny him a contract. She remembered one man who came to her to have her bring back his deceased wife and how heartbroken he was when she turned him away. But him being heartbroken wasn’t the only thing that had happened that day, she remembered as her hand carefully touched her side that was covered by the dress. As she moved towards him, the cat had taken it's leave, disappearing into thin air in a blink of the eye.
She lifted her gaze as he spoke of a new reason of being here. Her face was expressionless as she listened and in the end, she started shaking her head. “You don’t understand. The people who come to me have nothing worth living for. Enough that my contract will give them 10 years of a decent life. There is nothing left after those years. They die. Is your feelings really worth crippling your lifespan down to 10 years?” she asked him rather seriously – Yet she wasn’t going to tell him that she wouldn’t offer him the contract at all. She had her morals and he wasn’t fitting into the lot that came to her.
Before he could answer, she lifted her hand with the slender fingers and firmly pressed it against his chest, feeling the faint beats through the fabric of his jacket. “It all lies in your heart. As long as it’s still pounding, it will pump feelings out in your system, fill you with them to your last breath.” She said lowly before removing her hand, letting it linger a few centimetres away from his chest before returning it back down against her side. She turned away from him and sighed quietly. “I used to be a part of the city life. I had a husband who was nice enough to marry me, despite my… differences from the humans in the city.” She said, touching the necklace that was carrying his soul.
I cannot….” She stopped herself as she stared ahead for her cabin. Then she corrected herself.  “I will not offer you the contract.” She then concluded with a monotone tone, a voice that clearly wasn’t up for any sort of discussion. Her decision was final, at least if he couldn’t find a reason that seemed to fit amoung her older contracts. She walked past him and headed for the cabin, she couldn’t get sick from the cold but it was starting to bother her – Which it usually didn’t.
If you came here looking for an easy deal, I am the wrong person to seek.” She said as she walked, if he chose to follow, she wouldn’t mind. When she stepped inside the cabin, the warmth of it surrounded her, yet the wet cold dress stayed unaffected. She walked over to the fireplace, looking at it shortly before turning to a wooden closet, opening it and heaved out a simple dress. Then she walked into another room, slipping out of the wet dress and into the dry one. “That is the one that I got you,” the cat said as it slipped through the walls of the outside and landed on a shelf. Kaiya simply stared at him for a short while before turning around to come back into the main room of the cabin, running her fingers through the cold wet yet silky looking black hair.

Dress

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Man 8 maj - 18:18

At this point he had given up, there was no reason to keep fighting against how he felt, it was a loosing battle and it made it harder to focus. He would find a way to get her, just needed some time to think of how. "Well yeah, but she was still a friend of yours, putting the blame on something wont help." He said calmly, but in truth he was just like her when i came to death, everyone would die, some sooner than other, he knew his death could come everyday and he couldn't care less about it. If someone dies there is a reason for it, she mentioned ignorance and naiveness, sounds like the most common reason these days. People thinking they are safe around monsters, then get surprised when they are attacked by them. Call that ignorance, naiveness, or just being stupid, they all suffer the consequences.

When he saw the cat disappear into thin air without saying anything it made him more curious about the cat. "Or not..." he said faintly to himself as it didn't say anything. It had to be a spirit of some kind, one that was bound to her for some reason, it could be important to know what it was and why it was with her but he was not going to get a reason from any of them so he would have to figure it out himself. He smiled faintly as she tried to explain him what he already knew. "I know, believe me, i understand exactly what you are offering. After 10 years they die and instead of the soul moving on, you take it. I have no interest in what happens after i die, and nor do i care if i only have 10 years more to live. With my line of work and my type of lifestyle, i probably wont live half that long." He said with a confident voice, he knew the risks to everything he did, including this deal, and he was fine with that. And this time it was not his impulses speaking, if they had anything to say it would be with the knife that was somehow impossible to take out.

He got curious when she laid her hand on his chest, looking at her with suspicious eyes even though he knew she wouldn't do anything to harm him. For some reason she was not like the other demons he had met, she was different and he hated it, if she was just like the others this would be over and he would be on his way back. His heart? was this some human heart filled with emotion crap that people kept writing poems and books about? She had to have some sort of power to change that, turning vampire to stop the heart was never going to happen, he'd rather die than become the monsters he was killing. But if she was right, and it truly was the hearts fault, why now? Why hasn't he felt this before?
Knowing that she was married what he assumed to be a human the way she said it, made him sympathize with her, something he never thought he would do. It made him question what he was doing, if there were more demons like her, no, there couldn't be because if there were, he would have seen it. Either way when he would wake up the next day he wouldn't feel like this, that's what always happened, the wound was burned to deep to be fixed, this one demon might be different but that didn't change anything, it couldn't. He looked at her as she spoke of her late husband and former life, he could respond t it but what would be the point, it was the past and hopefully this would be over soon so why bother.

Then when she said she couldn't his attention was fully on her, his expression was confused and slightly worried, what did she mean? As she finished what she was saying he felt anger in him, his offers and business transactions were rarely rejected, and this one meant a lot for his future, so he couldn't let this one slide. When she started walking away from him he followed her up to her side trying look her in the face as he spoke at her side. "What, why?" She mentioned the easy deal, but how was that easy? If anything it would be a piece of cake for her right? "I'm not, my request is easy, and you will gained a soul with little effort and guilt free because i don't care what happens to it. Why is this a problem? because I'm wealthy? because i have "stuff" to fall back on? How do you know that? You don't know me." He had an angry tone to his voice, he was not pleased with the result of this, but there could possibly be an upside to it. If she wouldn't remove this barrier, maybe she could get him to the boiling point, tip him over the scale and activate his ability, then he wouldn't be in control and nature would sort itself out.

He was not leaving this place until this was resolved, she he followed her in the cabin whether she wanted it or not. He stayed in the main room expecting answers or something to go on, this was not over. As she grabbed the black dress and walked in the other room he remained in the main room looking around and waiting for her to return. When she did he just stared at her, the black dress, the black hair, her dark eyes, it was like a weird trance, he was mad about the situation but he couldn't get angry at her, and that was probably the worst part of this endless cycle he couldn't break. "You know why i came here? I came here to kill you, remove you from this world and be on my merry way. So you see, i am not worth saving or whatever it is that's keeping you from making the deal. So if we just do this, you will not only shorten my life and save plenty of filthy demons but you will also own my sould, to do with whatever you want.. So what the hell is stopping you?!" He was angry and it was clear that this was becoming more desperate than intended, but it was so annoying not knowing why she wouldn't just take the damn deal.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Ons 10 maj - 9:29

I’m not sure if you’ve come to realize, but I’m not like my kin. I am not just a soul hungry demon waiting for some poor helpless soul to come around for me to trick. As stupid and naïve as it is, I made a promise to my friend, to do good. And I will uphold that promise to my very death, whenever that is.” She said lowly, but even though her voice seemed unaffected, it was starting to annoy her a lot. Who was he to assume what sort of person she was?
As they arrived at her house, she left the door open for him, after all, he didn't seem like the type of person that wouldn't do what was necessary to have things his way. It made her a bit excited, this seemed like some sort of challenge in who would have their way, which was very new to her. ”I guess you could say that I myself is bound by a contract, only that it isnt my soul at stake and the contract never has a due date. I want to use my gift to do good. Not grant selfish wishes that are not needed.” She said as they entered and she was on her way to her dressing room.
The dress was comfortable, but it was showing off her slender figure, making her seem fragile. She actually hated how slim and fragile she looked, it made people think that she could break easily, yet she was very strong. She sat down at her mirror and looked at the stranger in the mirror, reaching out for her hairbrush, an old gift from her friend. She was studying the brush like it was the first time she saw it, when he started speaking again.
When he stated the actual reason why he was here, she wasn’t very surprised. Not that he would know, but she wasn’t exactly afraid of dying. Slowly she put the brush down that had barely had the chance to touch her hair, before she turned to him. She walked over to him and went pretty close to him, maybe seeming a bit intimidating. She stared into his eyes and just stood there as she spoke:” Well… then kill me. Go ahead. I am not afraid of death. I never was. Only that the thing is, you won’t kill me now that you’ve convinced yourself that I can be of use to you.” She said, ending it with a conclusion as she stepped away, breaking any intimidation that might have occurred while she was just standing there staring into his eyes.
Besides, you hesitated in killing me, even though I gave you several chances. Something in me tells me that you’re conflicted. Is it because I don’t seem like the usual type of 'filthy demon' that you’d kill?” she said with a slight smile, she had no actual idea if he went about killing others in his free time, seeing that they’ve just met. She was carefully fishing out useful information, yet none of that same carefulness was shown in person. Kaiya had learned from her time with her husband that expressing thoughts, wearing them as an asset was bad – It would help people in finding out weaknesses and strengths. Therefore, she maintained her neutral behaviour, at least for now.
Is your very soul really that worthless to you? Your soul is who you are as a person. Your memories, your person, encapsuled in some mysterious mumbo jumbo that I have no idea how works, but it does. Unless. You’re scared of feeling.” She said, tilting her head in wonder at the end. It made sense that he would be scared of his own feelings. A wealthy man, most probably with men behind him who has high expectations, how he hates demons and came here with the sole promise of killing her. How many other demons had he killed beforehand? Were their lives on his mind? It was the part of the human conscience that she didn’t understand. The inevitable fundamental regard that separated humans from the supernatural.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Ons 10 maj - 14:48

Do good? A demon? How was that even possible. He was about to react but didn't this one was smart, he couldn't just let his impulses take over, he had to think about what he said if he wanted to get anywhere with her. So as they went in the house he thought about what she said, how he could manipulate it to his advantage, running what he knew about her so figure something out. But then she brought it up again, use her contracts for something good, what good? taking someone life away? Sure she would give them happiness, but they could get that themselves if they actually tried, anyone could make it in some way or another if they pushed themselves, then they would have a lifetime of happiness instead of going for the easy way out. "Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you? Isn't it selfish of you to deny a contract that would save a lot of people just because your pride or whatever stops you from making it?" He says as she heads for the other room, this was all so unnecessary, if she could just play the role of every other demon this would not be such a waste of time for him.

He looked at her in the mirror, brushing her hair like this was nothing to her, even when he told her why he came her she didn't seem faced by it at all, he knew she would be difficult to deal with, so it was time to pull out all the tricks of the trade. As she walks all the way up to him he just stands still and pinches his eyes at hers as she speaks, and when she finishes he shakes his head slightly and lets of a faint scoff along with a crooked smile. "Don't misunderstand the situation, you are only useful if you make that deal happen. I don't care if you want to live or not, I'm not trying to threaten you into anything, i am going to kill you either way, but if you make the deal then at least you will shorten my life and save a lot of people." He had a serious expression on his face, this was not about intimidation anymore, she clearly didn't value her life so there would be no point, but she did value others, so maybe that could do something.
He heard all she said as she walked away but he answered only half of it so he could think about her second part seeing as it caught him off guard. She was right, she was not like the rest of her race, but he couldn't give her that edge, one does not show the opponents their weaknesses. "Don't flatter yourself, i have killed too many demons, vampires and what have you to count, you are just like the rest of the monsters, and i will kill many more, despite what happens here. The only reason i haven't killed you yet is because i want this deal, if feelings like these occur in the future it's going to become quite inconvenient for me, so now that i have you here we can fix that problem." He says as he walks around the room while looking down at the floor.

She was intelligent, stubborn, enchanting, it had been a long time since he had someone this hard to convince. Other people could be killed and replaced, but clearly that was not an option with her, he had to figure something else out. Hearing what she said to him was concerning, was she trying to make him feel guilty? Trying to reach his humanity? He had put that away a long time ago and it was not coming back now, it was locked away for a reason and it was staying that way. As soon as she mentioned him being scared he quickly looked back up at her with a dead expression. "No, fear does not affect me, i'm not scared of feeling, i don't want feelings because they get in the way. As for the soul, who cares? I don't go visit the landmarks of the world sipping wine at sundowns. I have two jobs, and they are all that matters, what good is a soul when i die? When that day comes my job will be handed off to the next in line and i will vanish, nothing more to it. I don't know what these feelings i have for you are, but it doesn't mean anything. I might not be able to kill you myself, but i have a hundred people that can do it for me." His voice is frustrated as he speaks, straightening his posture as he finishes.

"Why not do us both a favor and just make the damn deal? I get what i want, your friend is happy that you saved lives and you get a soul, its a win for everyone. So why are you so hesitant to this? Whats the real reason you wont do this? Because i don't buy that not granting selfish wishes thing you got going on.." He says impatiently with a confused face. Why was this such a big deal to her, why would she deny a willing soul despite the reason?  

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Tors 1 jun - 1:03

The bait had been thrown out and now it was just about how much he'd pour out. She took the time during his speech to move back to her mirror, slightly leaning forward over the table to reach down into a small box of something unknown. Yet she stopped herself from opening the box when he mentioned his feelings for her. A perfect catch. A smirk spread across her lips, which the stranger would see in the mirror. She turned only her head to look at him before tilting her head a bit. "I can enlighten on what those 'feelings' that you're having are? The ones stopping you from killing me?" She said in almost a teasing tone. This new discovery could be quite useful.
She then turned back around and moved over to him once again, smiling her little smirk like before as she placed her hands on his arms. She squeezed carefully before she was able to feel that one arm was different from the other, she felt the blade through the fabric. Not shortly after, her eyes moved up to his as she tilted her head. "A knife? Were you going to stab me in the chest and bleed me out?" She asked curiously.
She wasnt going to admit that all this was really starting to interest her. How dangerous it was, if she played her cards wrong it could end up in the death of her. Why did she not care more for her own life? One hand moved up his arm and grasped around his shoulder as her eyes wouldnt stray from his. "What's stopping you from killing me?" She whispered with a more serious look on her face. A loud hiss was suddenly heard and she let go of his shoulder, stepping back from him. "Kaiya." the cat warned her, appearing from the top of some shelves by the fireplace. Kaiya clenched her fist as she kept staring into the stranger’s eyes, clearly fighting some underlying tension with the cat.
She then turned her face to the cat’s with a dissatisfied expression before hurling the brush at it, as if it even would be of any use – The cat was a ghost, and any physical thing was not in his right to ever feel again. The cat nudged its head in a small hiss before jumping out the walls of the house, leaving the two alone once again. Kaiya noticed that her posture was still affected by the throw, so she corrected herself, back to a more presentable pose. She turned her eyes to the human.
You kill my kind, yet you want to bargain with us? Do you really think highly enough of me to think that I could offer you anything? Or is it because you know that you need my power if you ever want a chance to fight those feelings that you’re having right now?” she asked, a voice mixed with annoyance, after all the encounter with her cat who also was her late husband still had tension lingering in her mind. She exhaled quietly before shaking her head. “If you really want to kill me then do it. Don’t let your feelings stop you. Something more powerful than my magic is your ability to overcome the obstacles on your own terms. Do that, and nothing can ever stop you.” She then said. She knew why she was helping him figure out a way to overcome what was stopping him. After all, it had been what she wanted for a while – Though without any way of avoiding a suicide and that had never been an option. Due to her promise, that one hell of a promise that she had come to despise. Now there was a potential way of getting the responsibility off her hands. Not that she had any responsibility; no one was counting on her. Well the cat being the only one.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Gæst on Tors 1 jun - 20:27

As she sat down at her mirror he looked at her reflection as he spoke, and when she suddenly smirked at him he got a bit angry. Was she not taking this seriously? "This is funny to you?" with his frustrated voice as she turned around. Her teasing him with knowing what the feelings meant just added fuel to the fire seeing as it was just wasting time instead of just telling him. "Sure, go ahead, it won't change anything, you are still going to make them disappear." He regained some control again as he couldn't let this get out of hand, making him do poor decisions, not that he was afraid he would kill her, that would be a relief, but in his experience emotional people ended up making bad choices, which he exploited all the time, but it was not going to happen to him.

Then she suddenly approached him with that same smirk, was she trying to get a reaction out of him? He just pinched his eyes at her trying to figure her out as she grabbed his arms. It could be a trick to get close enough to kill him, but why would she, there would be no reason to, like she said, she wanted to die, and she promised someone to help people, so her killing him was off the table, it was something else. But as soon as she tightened her grip on the knife he knew she knew, it didn't matter anymore, he didn't even know why he still hid it, she knew why he was here so why bother. He looked deep in her black eyes as she asked him the question which only made him smirk back at her. "Your chest? No that's too risky, the chance of me hitting a vital organ is too high, you would die almost instantly, that's more kindness than your kind deserves. I would most likely pierce your side or stomach, watch you bleed, its kinda hard to tell as its mostly impulsive what i do.." He stopped as she grabbed his shoulder, what was she doing? And why did his chest feel heavier than before? Was this a side effect of whatever he felt or was this something she did?

Whats stopping you from killing me? Why did she ask that? She was the one that knew the answer to that wasn't she? As she asked him he felt he felt similarities to someone else in his life but it couldn't be that, it wasn't exactly the same, and it couldn't be close, not a demon, not a monster. He closed his eyes and focused on thinking about something else as he tilted his head to the side, cracking his neck. The cat showing up was just what he needed to distract himself, was the cat worried about her? And why now? Why not when he heard that he was going to kill her? "I thought you knew, and does it matter? At the end of this night it will be gone either way." He saw her anger as she threw the brush at the cat and it made him wonder about their relationship, and what the hell the cat even was. It had to be a ghost or a spirit of some kind, and it had to be attached to something around her or this cabin.

He placed his hands in his pockets as he watched her correct her posture with frowned eyes as he was thinking about something while she spoke. "Lets get one thing straight. I'm not bargaining with your kind, i'm bargaining with you. And the only reason for that is because you have something i want, not need, want. I'm not stupid, if one of the monsters have something i need, i will get it, that doesn't mean i respect or approve of them." He was annoyed at the fact that she told him that he was bargaining with her kind, she was nothing like them so why did she insist on it?.. And there it was, he was already seeing her as something else than a demon, this had been going on for too long, this had to be solved, if she didn't care about her own life, then maybe something else could work. "Oh thanks for the advice, but in case you haven't been paying attention, since the second i got here i've been looking for a way to do that, so quit the bullshit, are you saying you can't make this deal because your powers aren't strong enough?" On the inside he was getting worried that she actually didn't have the ability to fix this.

This was going to be a long shot but he remembered how she touched her necklace earlier, and just the look of it, there was something ominous about it. He walked up close to her while looking her in the eyes as he placed his hand on her collarbone, grabbing the necklace and lifting it up as he inspected it. "See, i think you are just trying to get out of the deal by making up excuses. You might not care about your own life, but you live alone here, your friend is dead so the only one you talk to is your whatever cat. Now what would happen if it broke this precious little thing hm?" His voice is vindictive but serious, there is weight behind it as he looks her deep in the eyes again. It might have been a desperate move but it was necessary if it could sway her mind.

Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Tilbage til toppen

Permissions in this forum:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum